Day 1 - Mountain Bike from Ship Cove to Punga Cove, Endeavour Inlet (Approx. 4-5 hours/26km)
Transfer with Beachcomber Cruises from Picton to Ship Cove. This scenic & historic reserve was a favourite anchorage for Captain Cook during his explorations in the 1770s. Your ride takes you from Ship Cove around Endeavour Inlet where the track is mainly coastal through regenerating native bush. Pause at the head of the bay to learn more about antimony & the mining industry that thrived there in the 1880s. Follow the main track onwards and into Big Bay before working your way towards Camp Bay and Punga Cove.
Day 2 - Mountain Bike from Punga Cove to Torea Saddle/The Portage (Approx. 4-5 hours/22.5km)
This is a challenging but very rewarding bike ride on the ridgeline between Punga Cove & Torea Saddle near Portage. Truly grand vistas abound round every corner. For those that wish an easier option, choose to ride the Kenepuru Road between Camp Bay/Punga Cove and Portage Bay.
Day 3 - Mountain Bike from Torea Saddle/The Portage to Anakiwa (Approx. 4 hours/20.5km)
Farewell Portage and ascend to the ridgeline once again, enjoying stunning views. Open farmland and a grand native bush section to finish is a fitting finale. Today you return by boat from the Outward Bound Wharf and join Beachcomber Cruises service back to Picton to complete your journey. The boat departs sharp at 3.30pm.
Standard 3 Day Independent Bike Package:
- $695 NZ per person
- Departures dates between 1 March though to 30 November, subject to accommodation availability - min. two persons
- 2 Nights standard twin share private ensuite accommodation ( Tui at Punga Cove and Courtyard at Portage Hotel)
- 3 Day bike hire with Wilderness Guides
- Water transport to and from track with Beachcomber Cruises
- Luggage transfers
- Packed lunch each day
- Single supplement available $310NZpp
- Picton accommodation transfers to and from water taxi
- Information pack including track guide